Welcome to the On-air Fundraising Workshop!
In this workshop, you will develop the skills you need to conduct an on-air fundraising campaign. You will work with the tools and resources necessary to help you build a strong on-air fundraising plan and create engaging, listener-centered messaging to attract, retain and develop your station donors.
Let’s meet your facilitators.
- Getting to Know Your Listeners
- Time to Build Your Fundraising Plan
- Understanding the Nuts & Bolts of a Listener-Centered Drive
- Achieving an Optimal On-air Fundraising Drive
- Crafting Listener-Centered Messaging
- Let’s Put It All Together
- Recognize the importance of on-air fundraising to overall fundraising activities
- Identify key listener motivations, characteristics, and values
- Develop a fundraising plan that supports station goals and objectives
- Create a listener-centered drive that leverages station talent
- Implement an integrated on-air fundraising campaign
- Pitch listener-centered drive messaging that follows best practices in on-air fundraising
- Evaluate the success of an on-air fund drive using reporting data
Before you dive in, here are a few things you should know about how this course is organized:
Organization and Navigation
- This course is divided into seven modules each containing one or more lessons.
- Navigating the course should be fairly straightforward. When moving through a module, simply click the “Next Lesson” or “Mark Complete” button at the bottom of the lesson page to advance forward. Navigating between modules can be a little tricker, you’ll need to click “back to module” on any lesson page or “Mark Complete” on the final lesson in a module to return to the module page. From any module page you can click then “back to course” to get back to this page which lists all the modules in order.
- Each module is designed to take you one week to complete. We will send you a weekly email to remind you to stay in step with the rest of your cohort.
- Working a little ahead is okay, but the live webinars (which take place in modules 2, 4, and 6) and group discussions will be about that week’s material, so working ahead more than a week may be confusing.
- If you haven’t already, please block out times for the live webinars on April 22nd, May 6th, and May 20th. Each webinar starts at 2pm ET / 11am PT and runs for 75 minutes. The login details for each of these sessions can be found in their respective modules.