Application Deadline: Friday, Jul 28, 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
We are hiring for a hybrid role that is the first of its kind in our organization. As Digital Marketing & Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s online profile conveys the leading role Lehigh Valley Public Media plays in supporting its growing community. You share that passion for community and have a fundamental understanding of non-profit processes and experience overseeing strategic plans that support growth and increased brand awareness. You’ll own the day-to-day execution of the marketing strategy in support of the organization’s development operations and educational outreach programs.
We’re a growing public media company that owns the Lehigh Valley’s Emmy Award-winning PBS television station (PBS39) and the region’s only “all day, every day” NPR news radio station in the region. We have announced that we are developing a digital news platform and a key responsibility for this role will be to position this new platform for success while at the same time help grow our audience for both our media stations (TV/Radio) and educational outreach efforts in our community. As a public media organization, we have an obligation to our community to keep the public informed, inspired and engaged.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the primary marketing lead for Development (Fundraising) and educational outreach efforts to include Lehigh Valley Reads
- Support the organization’s digital marketing strategy
- Provide marketing content as needed for all social media channels across all platforms (Digital, PBS39, WLVR, Lehigh Valley Reads).
- Manage all marketing/development website pages.
- Manage email marketing and digital email platform.
- Track all department expenses to ensure that the department is on budget.
- Serve as the department’s project manager for major campaigns and initiatives.
- Collaborate across the organization to guide and fulfill each department’s digital needs.
- Perform regular web content audits to ensure all information is up to date; help make sure the organization’s web presence is aligned with best practices and industry standards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Excellent writers and verbal communicators with experience in short-form, concise writing for external audiences
- Strongly proficient in Google Analytics with experience using data to drive strategy.
- Tech-savvy and curious about new tools and systems to accomplish goals more effectively and efficiently.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and project management experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to collaborate with others and work independently, as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of prior marketing and project management experience, preferably in a non-profit or agency environment, with a clear focus on meeting client needs.
- Demonstrated experience with email marketing and/or newsletter campaigns
- Experience working with content management systems (i.e.- Brightspot or similar).
- Experience working with project management software (i.e. – Asana or similar).
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to set priorities and multi-task; capacity to think critically, assess, and synthesize information.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay you within a range of $50,000 to $55,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility.
- An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, paid time off with no cap, disability and life insurance, and more
- You’ll play an important role in building a marketing communications department from the ground up and establishing a culture that spurs creativity, allows for flexibility and operates at the highest levels of trust and integrity.
- Professional growth through individual direction, training and leadership development
- Connection with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- An environment that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- A commitment to diversity and inclusivity in our workplace to help us represent the voices of our community
Please provide a cover letter, resume and any materials that are reflective of your marketing communications skills. This may include writing samples, digital marketing and/or creative campaigns, or communication strategy documents.
PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, PA and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within the first three months of hire date. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our studio and offices and to represent the organization in public.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.