Application Deadline: Friday, Feb 26, 2021
• Lehigh Valley Public Media is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT, the local NPR news station WLVR, and the television station WPPT, as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is simply the umbrella for all our brands and initiatives.
• We are a 50-year-young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
• We are in an exciting new era for the organization, and we seek appropriate team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
• Our Mission Statement: Lehigh Valley Public Media acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
Direct a progressive and sustainable program of support for PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR News through annual donation and membership opportunities with specific emphasis on fundraising, data oversight and management of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
• Develop and direct an annual plan of outreach for membership acquisition, retention and additional support.
• Lead your Membership team and collaborate with internal stakeholder to achieve these goals.
• Develop and execute a timeline of carefully mapped outreach through a variety of marketing initiatives including direct mail, email, social media, on-air pledge, events, and telemarketing.
• Evaluate and develop options for membership growth and benefits through business partnerships.
• Manage a program of sustaining support through automatic monthly contributions and commitments.
• Focus on outstanding stewardship by ensuring prompt and accurate acknowledgement of all membership contributions and top communications and outreach to all constituents.
• Analyze revenue from all projects and programs to determine best methods of support to grow the income base for the Stations.
• Serve as primary membership liaison with PBS/NPR National and affiliates. Oversee the implementation of standards and the introduction of new programs and services.
• Manage vendor quotes and contracts for membership and development related activities.
• Fully understand the regulations of donated dollars, the ethical and legal obligations of not-for- profit fundraising operations and ensure all are met.
• Assist with the process of major gift programs and make resources available for the necessary data. management to support program.
• Lead and provide full oversight to the Stations’ donor database.
• Manage the database vendor: ensuring all current updates are reviewed, installed, and introduced to all users. Review and recommend additional features that will meet specific and growing needs of the program.
• Understand the technology needed to support and fulfill on-air and web-based membership program.
• Establish and maintain department-wide processes for entry, alteration and use of data fields.
• Provide data reports as needed for management.
• Create and/or maintain current process manuals for each area of responsibility and fulfill regular data and narrative reporting that may be shared internally and externally.
• Direct supervision of Membership Team Members. As manager, ensure all personnel matters are handled according to company policy and individual development is addressed.
• Carries out other duties as assigned by CRO and CEO to meet the changing priorities of the station.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience managing a membership or annual giving program in a not-for-profit environment. Public Media experience is highly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of staff management experience.
• Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Must have the ability to work tactfully and effectively with all employees.
• Strong analytical, decision making, organizational and computer skills and the ability to work independently.
• Belief in the mission of public television/radio, community, educational and local journalism programs provided by the Stations.
• Successful completion of standard background checks based upon the requirements of the position.
Physical Requirements: The position will require prolonged periods of computer use. This position will work a regular office shift of 8:30am to 5:00pm. Additional flexible hours may be needed to meet organization events.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related area of study, or equivalent work experience with progressively more responsible positions
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
• Business Acumen
• Planning and Organizing
• Customer Orientation
If there is no option to do so through this job posting site, please send the following via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter
• Salary Requirements
• Please also indicate how you found out about the position
• Include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer.