Application Deadline: Saturday, Nov 26, 2022
The Temporary Director of Development and Marketing will lead a small and mighty team in marketing and communications, volunteer and community engagement, and donor relations and fundraising to help the Station achieve its fundraising and marketing goals. You will work closely with the senior management team, as well as colleagues across all departments, and external stakeholders including donors, volunteers, and community partners.
The person in this role is responsible for the implementation and oversight of fundraising initiatives to enhance net revenue for the organization, as well as marketing and community engagement initiatives. Working with the President & CEO, Development Associate, and Marketing Manager, you will help to carry on an overall strategic plan for Fundraising, Marketing, and Community Engagement, including raising awareness about All Classical Portland, and engagement and stewardship of donors, volunteers, and community partners.
This is a temporary position; the anticipated start date is mid-December 2022; the anticipated length of service is 3-6 months.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to the fundraising and marketing team to ensure that goals are met, including ongoing evaluations and recommendations for modifications when applicable
- Oversee strategy of on-air fundraisers, as well as direct mail fundraising appeals
- With the Marketing Manager, oversee the Community Advisory Group (which meets quarterly) as well as ongoing and project-based volunteer activities
- Professionally represent All Classical Portland within the community and ensure the consistency and quality of our message and brand
- Bring new and exciting ideas to the organization, and be capable of listening to insight from fellow staff to test new initiatives
- Facilitate and contribute to donor events and other in-person and virtual initiatives
- Attend all Board of Directors and Finance Committee meetings
- 5+ years of experience working with a collaborative non-profit team with an emphasis on development, donor database software, management, service, and support
- Experience with CRM/donor database systems essential; knowledge of Allegiance Fundraising Software a plus
- 5+ years of experience managing an organization’s external communications and marketing strategies
- Proven experience as a leader and project manager
- Experience with Basecamp a plus
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in community engagement
- Grant writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Professional Skills & Attributes:
- Exceptional strategy development, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Capability to step into an established role and to ensure continued success and guidance to colleagues within the department
- Experience holding temporary or interim management positions a plus
- Customer service oriented and able to interact professionally with members of the public, press, and donors
- Solid knowledge of best practices around donor engagement, communications, and volunteer programs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Committed to personal integrity, possessing the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and persistent problem solver
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable learning new tools, platforms, and technologies
- Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media; interest in classical music
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering, and using the telephone.
Annual salary range is $65,000 – $75,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience. Occasional nights and weekend work will be required. Cover letter and resume are required when applying.
All Classical Portland is an equal opportunity workplace – we do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital or familial status, appearance, sexual orientation, principal language, veteran status, or disability. Prospective or current employees may notify the appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination. This policy applies to activities related to recruiting, retention, training, promotion, or separation. For more information about All Classical Portland please see our history on the About page.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
For additional information about this position, please contact: