Application Deadline: Friday, Apr 30, 2021
Title: Director of New Programming Initiatives
Classical KING FM 98.1 is the public classical station serving Seattle and the Puget Sound Region. Seattle is undergoing tremendous growth thanks to its long history as a hub of innovation. Amazon, Microsoft, Costco and Starbucks (among others) are headquartered here and Facebook, Google, Salesforce and Apple have a major presence in the area. Classical KING FM will leverage the tremendous resources in the region to chart a new course for the station and classical radio. We invite you to be part of our team and live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country. KING FM has a new strategic framework that calls for diversification of the audience, staff, and board. Our goal is for the demographics of the station to mirror the demographics of the community.
Classical KING FM 98.1 is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as Director of New Programming Initiatives. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of classical music, a firm grasp of today’s media landscape, a record of leadership, and the desire to train and nurture a young, diverse group of announcers and producers.
– Develop a program to identify and train a diverse next generation of announcers and producers for Classical KING FM.
– Work with the Program Director to schedule voice tracking and live announcing shifts for those ready for on-air work.
– Create a supportive environment that nurtures and develops our apprentices. Actively listen and respond to questions, concerns, and programming ideas. Work with the Program Director to develop innovative programming ideas for the air or digital services.
– Work with Program Director to integrate Apprentice Announcers and Producers into on-air fundraising.
– Serve as a part-time announcer for KING FM.
– Manage operations, contracts, budget, and records as required by FCC, IRS, CPB and other agencies.
– Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
– 5 years of combined education / experience in programming, radio hosting, or production
– 5 years of combined education / experience in management
– A comprehensive knowledge of classical music, its history, styles, and performers
– A proven self-starter, manager and achiever
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Experience with programming software systems a plus
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time, 401K and an EAP program.
Send resume, references and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Classical KING FM, 363 Mercer St., Suite 200, Seattle WA 98109 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until position filled
Classical KING FM is working actively to diversify its programming, its staff, and its board. Our commitment is real, and we understand that it will take a sustained effort over time. We welcome all candidates with a commitment to these goals. Our statement describing our commitment to diversity, access, equity, and inclusion can be found here: https://www.king.org/about/
Classical KING FM 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity
For additional information about this position, please contact: