Application Deadline: Friday, Dec 16, 2022
Become a leader in the digital audience revolution at KERA by engaging our community like never before. KERA, the public media organization for Dallas/Fort Worth, is looking for an Email Director to significantly grow and authentically engage new audiences to build revenue and loyalty. This position will require a digital rockstar with an entrepreneurial mindset.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA and sister-stations KXT and WRR reach more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is hiring an Email Director to build a robust email product and platform strategy for KERA’s entire portfolio. Focusing on the critical areas of lead generation and user identification, you will leverage your thorough understanding of user behavior and design and technology to drive engagement based on audience/You will own the product pipeline to connect KERA, KXT and WRR to new, younger and more diverse audiences while strengthening connections with existing audiences through the delivery of highly targeted content.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Media, you will be the in-house expert for developing products and content strategies that significantly grow and evolve our email programs. Your excellent writing skills and ability to understand and communicate with our diverse and growing audiences in a positive and authentic way will attract and engage leads critical for success in this role. This position will work closely with KERA’s Audience Development, Membership, Content, Fundraising, Technology and Business Intelligence teams to strategize and implement compelling email campaigns that achieve audience and revenue targets. As part of that work, you will provide mentorship and coaching to other departments on how to craft compelling email content and implement best practices.
Your ability to learn quickly, solve problems, multi-task and work exceptionally well with co-workers will ensure your success in this role.
This is an FLSA classified exempt position, which is not eligible for overtime.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Develop and execute effective lead-generation strategies and campaigns across all stations to attract and retain identified audiences.
• Build and deploy email campaigns that utilize list segmentation to deliver targeted content to a variety of audience segments with growth, retention and conversion in mind.
• Employ advanced knowledge of email fundamentals, including email authentication, segmentation, A/B testing, list management and general design guidelines to grow and maintain target lists.
• Analyze email campaign performance metrics to derive key insights to optimize campaigns across stages of the marketing funnel, including testing opportunities, product design and new campaign production.
• Work collaboratively with internal teams on communication strategies to drive effective lead generation campaigns that achieve stakeholder goals.
• Create product vision and user journeys for assigned projects and products with the end user in mind.
• Employ SEO and SEM strategies to generate inbound traffic through content creation and webpage management.
• Partner with Data/Business Intelligence teams to evolve email delivery and engagement reporting and dashboards/KPIs, ensuring full visibility and responsiveness to all aspects of email program performance.
• Manage ESP (email service provider) vendor relationships
As a KERA employee:
· Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
· Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
· Comply with KERA’s COVID policies.
· Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
• 3+ years’ experience building high-volume inbound marketing strategies and messaging in a brand, media, agency or similar environment with measurable results in attracting and converting consumers into loyal users/subscribers.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, with experience managing and motivating cross-functional teams/individuals with a positive, people-oriented demeanor.
• Passionate about user experience to build and retain audience through product design and list segmentation.
• Growth mentality — you think in terms of stakeholder goals to build strategies that increase engagement, loyalty and revenue.
• Solid understanding of the mechanics and lifecycle of email, SMS and push notifications as well as experience with emerging messaging channels.
• Experience building audience-focused engagement products across email and other channels such as SMS, push notifications and emerging messaging platforms is strongly preferred.
• Must have a strong command of the following: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications. Experience with Photoshop, web design and HTML.
· $80,000-90,000 annually depending on experience
· Generous vacation (3 weeks), sick (8 days), personal time (2 days) and holidays (10)
· Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
· KERA-paid short and long-term disability, basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
· Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
· 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
· Culture intentionally focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
· Robust employee assistance program available to the employee and all members of their household
KERA welcomes a hybrid working environment. This position is expected to work in our Dallas office at least 10% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Complete the application on KERA’s employment page.
• Attach a resume and cover letter and links to/digital work samples.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about this position, please contact: