Application Deadline: Saturday, Sep 30, 2023
WFAE is seeking a transformational Head of Corporate Development to evolve and grow one of the organization’s core sources of revenue.
The ideal candidate will be committed to building our capacity in the digital space while maintaining our leadership in the broadcasting space. They will lead WFAE’s sponsorship revenue strategy, building the organization’s ability to deliver customized and off-the-shelf offerings to sponsors and sponsorship prospects across multiple media platforms. They will be a “revenue evangelist” for the organization, working collaboratively with key constituents internally and externally to drive future growth in a manner that is consistent with WFAE’s overall mission.
This executive will direct sales staff responsible for radio, podcasting, digital, streaming, event sponsorships and emerging platforms.
WFAE, the NPR station in Charlotte, is an award-winning multiplatform newsroom (radio, digital, podcasts, live events) committed to providing high-quality local news and engagement that meets the needs of our diverse community. Our mission is to deliver journalism that informs, engages and inspires. Our vision is to help create a more knowledgeable and engaged community grounded in our shared humanity.
Our Story: View
- Set and implement the overall strategy for growth of Sponsorship and Underwriting revenues within the context WFAE’s overall strategic plan and annual operating plan.
- Establish and deliver on financial goals in coordination with senior management.
- Lead and direct a small team of sales managers and support staff, creating an environment that is innovative, ambitious, goal-oriented and also respectful and, inclusive and.
- Recommend and implement organizational change as appropriate to enhance productivity and drive new growth initiatives.
- Add direct value to key client relationships, new business development and marketing or cross-media programs.
- Assume hands-on responsibility for sponsorship cultivation processes, forecasts, tracking and results.
- Assess and enhance the team’s ability to deliver on consultative sales, strategic account planning, business development and compelling marketing/sales presentations.
- Set direction for Marketing presentations and Market Research initiatives geared to corporate sponsorship and sponsorship clients and ad agencies.
- Bring fresh thinking to the creative packaging, positioning and pricing of integrated programs that allow marketers to reach WFAE’s influential audience.
- Play a hands-on high-level role to build key existing relationships and close new business.
- Collaboration with other departments: Develop close internal working relationships with the Programming/Content team in order to position current and new programs. Collaborate with the Head of Development to identify and partner on high-level opportunities with major corporate accounts and their foundations.
- Provide informed input to CEO, CFO and senior executive team on media-related resource and investment decisions related to ad-tech and sponsorship systems, pricing and revenue projections.
- Assume administrative oversight of forecasts, compensation plans, annual plan development, budget and revenue goal tracking by product and platform; expense; and barter policies and practices.
- Oversee traffic, inventory, measurement and reporting systems.
- Provide strategic oversight within the broader media community as it relates to collaboration and coordination of local and national media sponsorship sales efforts.
For additional information about this position, please contact:
Debra Turner Bailey704-929-1031