Application Deadline: Saturday, Apr 06, 2024
ABOUT THE JOB
The Grant Coordinator assists with the implementation and evaluation of grant-funded activities and works closely with the Director of Grants to ensure grant submission and compliance by organizing program and evaluation activities in conjunction with staff members and partner organizations. The focus is on coordination of the grant deliverables. Done well, it assures solid documentation and timely submission. Collaboration and organization are key attributes of the successful Grant Coordinator.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is a growing public media company and home to the recently launched LehighValleyNews.com, the area’s only nonprofit and locally operated digital news platform as well as public media television station PBS39 and NPR radio station WLVR 91.3 that offer local, national, and international programming that informs, educates, and entertains.
Our broadcast and digital platforms are our tools to make this a better community in which to live, learn and work. The spirit of Fred Rogers’ legacy of education, community and compassion lives on through our work of addressing critical needs in our region. From award- winning programming and literacy initiatives to local journalism from the Lehigh Valley for the Lehigh Valley, we are the place you can trust to learn about the amazing things in our community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Compiles necessary information for the application drafts and completes grant applications according to application requirements.
- Ensures grant is submitted on time and within application parameters.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Collaborate with staff and contractors to ensure all grant deliverables are met.
- Complete miscellaneous activities required to successfully deliver grant-funded programs and
- Ensure grant funding is being spent in the manner and timeframe outlined in the awarded
- Provide opportunities to grant funders to observe program activities and/or receive recognition for their gift through the coordination of press releases, media conferences, and other stewardship
- Acquire necessary information to complete grant reports and prepare reports for submission, as
- Maintain detailed files that track program activities, budgets, data/outcomes, and stewardship
- Cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that supports the organization’s values and strategic plan.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Capable of interpreting financial data and preparing budgets and financial grant reports.
- Able to be discreet with personal information that may be needed for some grants such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thorough comprehension of local, state, and federal funding sources and the ability to locate potential sources for funding.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Comprehensive understanding of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Social Science or Education preferred) or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of related, successful non-profit or government grant
WHAT WE’LL DO
- Pay you within a range of $50,000 to $56,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility
- Provide an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, low-deductible health insurance, free telemedicine, innovative paid time off policies, disability and life insurance, and more.
- Provide you with professional growth through individual direction, training and development activities
- Keep you connected with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- Invite you into a culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- Continue our commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community- the Lehigh Valley.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is committed to recruiting for its staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors highly capable, individuals with diverse experiences, and perspectives who can help us accomplish our various missions. Differences in race, color, age, national origin/ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, or any other distinguishing factors provide experiences, viewpoints and ideas that can strengthen and enrich our work environment. We seek to create and sustain an environment that is inclusive, respectful and equitable.
This position is in Bethlehem, PA. Living in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within 45 days of hire.
Please supply a cover letter and resume.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.