Application Deadline: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2021
Individual Giving Manager
Reporting to the chief progress officer, the individual giving manager develops and implements audience-generated fundraising strategies to ensure continued revenue growth and long-term financial stability for The Public’s Radio.
The Public’s Radio is a non-profit public service journalism institution, providing public media news and other programs to southern New England in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
Fundraising, solicitation & cultivation
- Develop and execute audience-based fundraising strategies, including direct mail, telemarketing, online giving, email and social media campaigns.
- Oversee sustaining member program, including conversion and upgrades. Work closely with member services manager on retention strategies to ensure steady growth and minimal attrition.
- Create acquisition, lapsed donor, renewal series and additional gift appeals as needed. Work closely with all vendors to ensure timely execution and delivery of both ongoing and seasonal mailings/ campaigns.
- Create e-solicitation campaigns to complement direct mail and on-air fundraising campaigns, as well as stand-alone e-mail appeals. Actively participate in on-air membership drive planning and implementation, including goals, messaging, thank-you gifts, strategies and production.
- Assist with major and mid-level donor cultivation and solicitation, including donor research, communication and moves management.
- Research and recommend additional revenue opportunities where appropriate.
- Serve as primary contact person for vehicle donation program and our program partner
- Create and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase awareness and revenue from vehicle donations.
- Oversee and maintain department budget as it applies to membership functions, tracking expenses and keeping organized records.
- Perform due diligence and negotiations to ensure most beneficial vendor relationships.
- Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as community giving days.
- Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program, soliciting matching gifts and following up on current members who have indicated their employer has a matching gifts program in place. Develop on-air and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream.
- Work with chief progress officer to develop monthly, annual and long-term fund development goals and plans for the organization
- Work closely with fellow progress department team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Represent station at events as needed
- On-air fundraising as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Impeccable discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in all donor matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be comfortable interacting with constituents in person and on the phone.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and compatible programs. Familiarity with social media platforms. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Flexibility and positivity; ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
- Sense of humor and dedication to professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of progressive non-profit fundraising experience. Public broadcasting experience preferred.
- Proven success in direct mail, telemarketing, email and online giving. On-air fundraising experience highly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience. Experience with Allegiance fundraising software a plus.
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend hours
Qualified, interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Individual Giving Manager. The Public’s Radio is an EEO provider and committed to fostering diversity in the workplace. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled. Full-time, salaried position. Salary commensurate with experience.
For additional information about this position, please contact: