Application Deadline: Friday, Oct 28, 2022
KCUR 89.3 and 91.9 Classical KC are looking for two experienced Major Gift Officers (MGO) to join our team. In this role, each MGO will be responsible for working with KCUR’s Director of Philanthropic Giving, General Manager, and the UMKC Foundation to develop and expand major giving for KCUR and Classical KC. The MGO will manage a portfolio of prospects and donors nurturing current relationships and cultivating new ones, develop plans to move current donors into the major giving category, cultivate donors to support KCUR and Classical KC’s upcoming capital campaign, and assist with special events. You will report to the Director of Philanthropic Giving
For this vacancy, one MGO will have a primary focus on KCUR donors/prospects and the other will focus on Classical KC donors/prospects. However, both positions will assist and support the other station as needed.
The job requires someone who can:
- Develop annual plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors, working in concert with KCUR/ Classical KC development team
- Work with the development team, UMKC Foundation, and KCUR’s advisory board to expand existing major giving strategies, as well as create and implement new ones as needed
- Work with UMKC Foundation to research, identify, and qualify prospects
- Participate in UMKC Foundation staff and major gift officer meetings
- Document donor and prospective donor contacts in UMKC’s donor database
- Arrange major donor appointments as needed with the general manager and director of philanthropic giving and involve them in solicitations when appropriate
- Support and participate in additional fund-raising and outreach activities, on air and off, for Classical KC and KCUR
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Five years of fundraising working with volunteer leadership to raise funds
- Two years experience in major gift fundraising
- Proficiency in fundraising software.
- Experience and familiarity with Kansas City’s philanthropic landscape are a plus.
Up to $73,000, based off experience, education, and internal equity.
How to Apply
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. 91.9 Classical KC is a 24/7 public radio classical music service designed to reflect and serve Kansas City’s vibrant and energetic arts scene. Please apply online at UMKC’s website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select “Staff Position,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.” Open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately.