Membership Marketing Manager
WTTW/PBS Chicago and WFMT/Classical Chicago
Chicago , IL
Application Deadline: Thursday, Jun 15, 2023
WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are seeking a full-time Membership Marketing Manager to join its Membership marketing and fundraising team. This fast-paced and outcomes-driven position is responsible for managing the successful execution of a variety of fundraising campaigns and initiatives and developing marketing strategies and plans with outcomes of growth, retention, revenue, and excitement for the brands. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission and value of public media, is strategic, and a collaborative self-starter.
• Develop creative fundraising and marketing strategies to cultivate and acquire members to grow membership base and meet revenue goals.
• Project manage multichannel campaigns (direct mail, email, canvassing, telemarketing, digital) from start to finish, including budget, strategy, scheduling, creative including brand-aligned message development, list acquisition and segmentation, production and inventory control, and reporting/analysis.
• In collaboration with database operations team, utilize membership database system for campaign setup and execution, list strategy and segmentation, and data mining and analysis.
• Track and report on campaign performance and membership metrics to transform data into actionable data sets and analytics for optimized fundraising performance; adhere to organizational data security policies.
• Direct the activities of and serve as liaison for outside direct marketing vendors (creative, data, printers/lettershops, canvassing, etc.).
• Plan and execute select member events and activities, especially for new members, and cross-department support functions.
• Manage member benefits and levels and communications, and periodically survey members/audience and benchmark against other organization to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of benefits
• Stay abreast of organization-wide programming and services in order to communicate value proposition to members.
• Oversee inventory control and budgeting for the team and collaborate closely with Accounting and Finance departments
• Work with adjacent departments and functions (member/audience services, database operations, etc.) to maintain quality and integrity of member/audience relationships and database.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and executing direct marketing campaigns
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication and editorial skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to evolving priorities
• Facility with data and fundraising campaign performance analysis
• Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) skills
• Customer relationship management software (queries, forms, reports) experience; experience with Tessitura a plus
• Experience with automated email marketing systems
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3+ years direct marketing and/or membership fundraising experience.