Application Deadline: Saturday, Dec 09, 2023
Who we are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Production Coordinator in Wixom, MI, in a hybrid work structure.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing tasks and deliverables for DPTV production projects, including DPTV’s local pledge drives, local productions, and national productions.
- Logistical and Administrative Support:
o Organizing contracts and audience release forms
o Managing deliverables and deadlines
o Managing production calendar
o Scheduling and creating agendas for meetings
o Other Production paperwork as needed
o Arranging travel and meals for guests
o Coordinate funder/sponsor and in-kind donation acknowledgements and deliverables
o Monitor and reconcile project budgets
o Manage premium development, sourcing, ordering and inventory, including: Books, CDs, DVDs, Tickets, etc
o Manage delivery of final project assets to clients and distributors
- Production and Event Coordination:
o Create production schedules and program rundowns
o Scheduling crew and editors
o Booking equipment, facilities, talent, and makeup artists
o Prepare graphics and artwork with designers
o Coordinate audience
o Assist with script writing
o Coordinate products for pledge drives and other distribution program extras
o Supervise studio team, including lighting and set up, to ensure production readiness
o Coordinate with vendors for production purchases and rentals
o Log and transcribe media as assigned
o Produce content as assigned, including but not limited to marketing videos, including promos, teasers, and pledge breaks
o Prepare technical and creative assets needed for production and edit: program information, scripts, graphics, music, premium information and images, voiceovers, etc.
o Production activities, including loading and correcting teleprompter, creating and cross-checking rundowns, and preparing graphic/video elements needed for pledge breaks and other productions
- Marketing and Research:
o Partnering with internal staff, coordinate all marketing, station relations, press and promotional needs related to production projects including web, social media, on-air and local media
o Maintain knowledge of program, product, and fundraising trends nationally
o Compile program and performance research and information as required
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Logistics and project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage resources effectively
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Solution-oriented under high pressure
- Ability to complete tasks within budget and time constraints and prepare necessary reports
•Video production skills are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years project management experience in media or similar field
- Interest in video production, 2+ years experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work a varied schedule including occasional evenings, weekends, and some holidays
Individual must be able to:
- Type, and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time
- Work in the field under a wide range of climate conditions
- Look at video, computer screens, printed documents
- Occasional drive on company business
Hybrid work-from-home and in-person. Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment and a TV studio or on-location site with some related business travel both within the US and internationally.
What you’ll get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team
*No telephone calls or third parties.
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.