Senior Product Manager, Mobile Platforms
Seattle , WA
Application Deadline: Friday, Jun 23, 2023
KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio is Seattle’s NPR news station. We are an independent, nonprofit news organization producing award-winning journalism, podcasts, and events in service to the 3.9 million people in our coverage area. As a self-sustaining service of the University of Washington, our mission is to create and serve a more informed public.
KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Working within KUOW’s new Digital Products division, the Senior Product Manager, Mobile Platforms is responsible for understanding, identifying, and documenting business needs and developing and driving creative solutions to transform KUOW into a digital media powerhouse on mobile.
Responsible for building mobile digital media solutions through the adoption and provision of digital technologies that support our strategic business plan and fulfill our mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Define Needs (40%)
• For KUOW mobile website and mobile app, lead cross-functional teams to understand, identify and document business needs, assess alternatives and options, and develop business cases and solution proposals that support decision making among process/project owners.
• Gather business requirements; understand and provide input into design and user experience requirements. Understands and provides input into technical requirements.
• Define stakeholders, objectives, scope, risks, and success criteria and metrics, including KPIs.
Execute Solutions (40%)
• Lead end-user working groups to develop shared understanding of needs, develop consensus related to priorities and requirements, and develop inclusive solutions that balance trade-offs and benefits among process partners.
• Drive functional requirements, user interaction requirements, non-functional requirements, system capabilities, and specifications.
• Organize, prioritize, validate, and manage requirements.
• Drive in developing infrastructure impact statements, feasibility studies, work breakdown structures, risk management plans, communications and change management plans, testing plans, decision logs, and providing user training.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Proactively acts as liaison between departments and outside vendors for development and maintenance of website and mobile apps.
• Creates buy-in for the product vision with key internal and external partners.
• Drives dialog with Sr. Leadership, internal engineering teams, external vendors, and program management to deliver integrated services that support achievement of our Strategic Business Plan
• Supports change management and adoption of technology-related processes, tools and services.
• A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technical or quantitative field, e.g. CS, EE, math) required with appropriate advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBS, MBA) preferred
• 4+ years’ experience in Product Management in digital media platforms and products
• Data- and hypotheses- driven
• Track record of independence, customer obsession, deep diving and delivering results
• Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.