We’re at a critical juncture in public media. The events of recent years have made the need for audience development urgent. In order to offer value to younger and more diverse audiences, our industry must integrate our content, marketing, and development efforts.
In this spirit, we’ve created a first-of-its-kind collaboration between Greater Public, The Public Radio Program Directors Association (PRPD), and Eastern Region Public Media (ERPM) called the Audience Development Summit.
– Tuesday, April 26: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET / 10:00am – 1:00pm PT
– Wednesday, April 27: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET / 10:00am – 1:00pm PT
This two-day virtual event will arm your leadership team with:
- Scalable ways to introduce your station to new audiences.
- Case studies examining the kinds of content and platforms that best serve our broader communities.
- Impactful strategies to translate audience engagement into financial support.
- Tips for conducting research and testing with limited timelines and budgets.
Who should attend the Audience Development Summit?
The Summit is designed for public media leadership, like C-level, VPs, and director-level professionals, to bring their teams together to focus on connecting with and serving new audiences.
To get the most out of the Summit, stations should create a team of 5-10 staffers in content, development, and marketing that have the knowledge and understanding to begin this work during the Summit.
Your team will have the time and resources to discuss your target audience(s) and how best to engage them by working through the Summit workbook. Download and review the Summit workbook here.
Frequently Asked Questions