Transform your major gift program using this rigorous online training course and cohort focused on donor-centered fundraising.
Powered by Greater Public and Veritus.
It’s time for public media to elevate major giving.
We are seeing the beginnings of historic levels of major giving in this country, and this trend is expected to increase. Unfortunately, most public media major gift programs and practitioners are not equipped to seize the wave of philanthropy that is upon us.
What needs to change:
In order to connect with the passion donors have for public media and the overwhelming untapped potential for revenue, we must:
- Overcome plateaued thinking and develop unshakable confidence about what major giving in public media can be.
- Approach individual giving holistically, strategically moving each donor to fulfill their long-term giving potential.
- Equip ourselves and our organizations to truly embrace donor-centered fundraising.
To achieve this, every public media leader and fundraiser can and should have access to best-in-class major gift training. Thanks to the support of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and their belief that transforming major gift fundraising is essential to the future of public media, we have developed the Public Media Major Gift Academy powered by Greater Public and Veritus Group.
The Public Media Major Gift Academy.
The Public Media Major Gift Academy is a training cohort for public media leaders and fundraisers who are ready to transform their major giving practices in order to participate in the historic levels of giving that now define American philanthropy.
The program offers the philosophy, systems, structures, strategies, templates, accountability, and clear measurement that are key to building a wildly successful major gift program at your organization.
Our three-month online training cohort starts with step-by-step training modules filled with expert content including white papers, videos, podcasts, exercises, assessments, practice opportunities, and bonus material. This foundation is accompanied by regular live sessions to help participants integrate the training into their practice and ask questions.
Academy participants will:
- Build meaningful relationships with donors.
- Connect donor passions with your organization through compelling offers and asks.
- Build the confidence needed to set, meet, and exceed ambitious revenue goals.
- Understand how to create a truly donor-centered culture.
- Know how to effectively engage your CFO and finance department in major giving success.
- Join a supportive cohort of individuals from around public media who share the same goals and challenges.
In contrast with other major gift training which can leave you with a scattering of transactional tactics, the Public Media Major Gift Academy focuses on the complete philosophy, systems, and structure you need to be donor-centered and grow your revenue beyond what you thought you ever could.
Thanks to a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, we’re able to offer this training for $999 (it’s normally $1,997). Please see below for more information regarding scholarship opportunities.
We are currently accepting applications for the Summer 2021 course which begins on July 1, 2021. The deadline to apply is June 24th.
Have more questions?
Please see our The Public Media Major Gift Academy – Other FAQs page.