Apply tactics to your major gift fundraising to bring in more gifts, bigger gifts, and less donor attrition over time.
Powered by Greater Public and Veritus.
Make a Strong Major Gift Program Even Better
Even the best major gift programs are challenged by donor attrition, decreasing gift amounts over time, the pressures of time management, burnout, and staff turnover.
The Public Media Major Gift Academy, powered by Greater Public and Veritus Group, is designed to remedy these challenges for public media leaders and major gift fundraisers. This three-month online training cohort offers tools and methods to help even the most experienced major gift fundraisers get better, more reliable results.
The donor-centered methods of the Major Gift Academy will:
- Reduce your major donor attrition and increase major gift amounts over time, leading to less pressure to always find and cultivate new major donors.
- Improve your methods and systems, even if you are the most talented and charismatic major gifts fundraiser.
- Offer a positive and motivating accountability process for major giving staff.
- Make major gift revenue more goal-focused and predictable, and less vulnerable to disruption in the event of staff turnover.
- Reduce your caseload file to a manageable level for greater success and less risk of staff burnout.
- Build a more collaborative culture of philanthropy within your organization.
- Present a better approach to time management for better work-life balance.
- Develop your major gifts program in a way that’s scaled to each station’s size.
Academy participants will:
- Build meaningful relationships with donors.
- Connect donor passions with your organization through compelling offers and asks.
- Build the confidence needed to set, meet, and exceed ambitious revenue goals.
- Understand how to create a truly donor-centered culture.
- Know how to effectively engage your CFO and finance department in major giving success.
- Join a supportive cohort of individuals from around public media who share the same goals and challenges.
Thanks to a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, we’re able to offer this training for $999 (it’s normally $1,997). Please see below for more information regarding scholarship opportunities.
The Summer 2021 course is sold out. We will announce the next course soon.
Have more questions?
Please see our The Public Media Major Gift Academy – Other FAQs page.