Application Deadline: Friday, Nov 25, 2022
- Build relationships with WGVU viewing area-based education service organizations and school districts, schools, teachers and youth community-based organizations by leveraging a focus on curriculum to promote Student Reporting Labs (SRL), WGVU Education, Michigan Learning Channel (MLC), WGVU Education, and PBS LearningMedia programs and resources.
- Learn more about Student Reporting Labs Program.
- Manage and implement GV SRL communications, marketing strategies, promotional materials, and campaigns in alignment with school calendars, local events, and opportunities tied to specialized audiences in conjunction with WGVU and GVSU events, calendars, and campaigns.
- Organize and run GV SRL special events, professional learning, workshops and trainings around SRL, GVSU, and PBS LearningMedia assets to support all participants in curriculum integration and classroom use.
- Oversee the development and production of WGVU-based content for GV SRL, including curriculum-based support materials, and opportunities to build out new content areas.
- Collect testimonials, data, and best practices on how educators are using GV SRL assets for reporting.
- Participate in the coordination, planning and implementation of WGVU Education program work including: social media and weekly education newsletter content; webpage content; WGVU Cool School (Cool Teacher & Innovation Challenge); WGVU Education Celebration; PBS LearningMedia content projects; PreK-12 professional learning events; education and community events; family engagement opportunities; and proposals and grant work.
- Maintain a current understanding of: effective educational pedagogies and best practices; local and national education issues/policies; EdTech trends, apps, platforms, and tools; and Michigan and National K-12 Academic Standards.
- Support other WGVU staff, departments, and events, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communications, Library Media, or Similar Discipline
- Minimum of 3 Years Working Directly with 6th-12th Grade Students in an Educational Setting
- Content/Video Creation, Production, Media Literacy/Journalism Experience
- Supervisory Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Community Engagement Experience
- Professional Development Leadership Experience, Teacher Training/Coach Experience, or Equivalent
- Experience Implementing Digital/EdTech Tools in Learning Environments
- Experience with Microsoft Workplace Tools, Google for Education Tools, Zoom and/or other Virtual Conferencing Platforms
- NBCT, State Teaching Certification, or Equivalent Endorsement
- Ability to strategically and effectively manage time and resources while balancing multiple projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities, strong attention to detail, and excellent follow up skills.
- Comfortable speaking publicly (virtually and in-person) to large groups using digital/technological tools.
- In addition to passing a GVSU background check, must be able to pass individual K-12 institution background checks.
- Work in WGVU offices with some flexibility to work from home, when appropriate/necessary.
- Work in the field under a wide range of conditions.
- Some evening or weekend work may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to drive on WGVU business.
- Some travel within the U.S. may be required.
Normal office environment.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $43,000 – $47,000
Department/Division: WGVU / University Relations
Campus: Grand Rapids
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: 03 Nov 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Nov 2022 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time