Application Deadline: Thursday, Sep 30, 2021
WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
The position holder will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The holder will provide corporate, administrative and operational management to the President’s Office and will have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and external managers in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives, assistants and consultants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
– Responsible for ensuring supporting documentations for meetings and developed and shared with the President in advance of meetings.
– Provide first-level contact before President. Handle all problems, calls, walk-ins and the wide array of other situations that come to the Office of the President; screen mail and phone calls.
– Compose various letters and emails when assigned meeting minutes.
– Assure the proper planning and arrangements for a great number of meetings, special events, luncheons, receptions, etc., at a number of locations, with varying types of people and meeting purposes. This requires contact and negation with caterers and other vendors.
– Establish and maintain working arrangements with a number of vendors who provide supplies or services for the Office of the President and the corporate Board of Directors. Establish and maintain professional relationship with external travel agencies to assure that travel arrangements/reservations are appropriate and meet the President’s needs
– Provide all secretarial and administrative functions for the President.
– Management Team meetings.
– Prepare high level presentations.
– Handle special events and assignments
– Maintain a regular and predictable attendance.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Must demonstrate skills and knowledge equivalent to a two year post high school diploma in secretarial and administrative support.
Experience: Minimum of six years’ experience as a secretarial assistant is needed.
Technical Skills: Must have updated technological skillset. Familiarity and ease in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlooks are required; must be able to manipulate Member Management software. Computer literacy is essential.
*All WHYY employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Proof will be required upon hiring.