Application Deadline: Saturday, Oct 01, 2022
Based in Sonoma County, Northern California Public Media (NorCal) serves the San Francisco region through two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM. As one of the very few community-owned and operated media entities serving the region, NorCal offers PBS, NPR and Independent Public Broadcasting programming. NorCal is a place of creativity, fresh ideas, and new voices, with a team of passionate individuals fueled by our core mission to deliver honest and trusted content.
NorCal currently seeks a creative and versatile Associate Radio Producer to create branded audio in a collaborative setting. This position reports to the Radio Manager and is an integral team member of the radio and television production departments. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing radio promotions and radio programming material. They will also produce audio sound for television productions as needed.
Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinate and manage the overall production of audio
• Analyze, repair, and mix audio on tight deadlines
• Create custom audio content as requested
• Engineer recording sessions in studio, including field and live sound events
• Edit and mix talk programs
• With support from the IT staff, maintain and upgrade audio equipment as needed
• Create and narrate promos, legal IDs, corporate sponsor messages and PSAs
• Ability to train and support staff, volunteers and interns on audio software, hardware, and audio equipment
• Stay informed about new audio broadcast and recording equipment and workflows
• Organize and archive audio files
• Operate FM board for local programs as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Previous public radio experience preferred, with an understanding of public radio programming and sound
• Knowledge of Avid Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, audio interfaces and mixing boards
• Familiarity with radio automation systems and other audio and broadcast software and hardware
• Experience with live sound engineering
• Experience scripting and producing public radio station interstitial
• Knowledge of sources and best practices for legally obtaining music for broadcast production
• A highly imaginative ear for audio storytelling and the technical skills to execute those ideas
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Creative thinker, action-oriented, and full of energy for challenging concepts and new assignments
• Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with little to no guidance
• Ability to work overtime
• Minimum of two years of related experience or equivalent
• Public Radio and non-profit experience a plus
• Studio and field recording experience a plus
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
• BA/BS in media or related field
This is a full-time, non-exempt (40 hours/week) position at $24 per hour, with excellent benefits offered—paid time off, company holidays, medical, vision, dental, and 403B.
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “FM-Greater.”
NorCal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. NorCal does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other legally protected status.
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org