Application Deadline: Friday, Jul 28, 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
Calling all writers & storytellers! We are looking for a well-rounded copywriter who thrives on writing for diverse platforms and topics. The copywriter will be responsible for developing the voice and tone of Lehigh Valley Public Media brands using the latest writing styles and technologies. Through copywriting and collateral development, you will generate overall brand awareness, promote programming, and support the organization’s development efforts. You’ll develop strategic messaging and support materials for promotion and fundraising, write and edit copy for publications, and prepare copy and related content for distribution across all media channels including website, email, and press releases.
We’re a growing public media company that owns the Lehigh Valley’s Emmy Award-winning PBS television station (PBS39) and the region’s only “all day, every day” NPR news radio station in the region. We have announced that we are developing a digital news platform and a key responsibility for this role will be to position this new platform for success while at the same time help grow our audience for both our media stations (TV/Radio) and educational outreach efforts in our community. As a public media organization, we have an obligation to our community to keep the informed, inspired and engaged.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute editorial content such as scripts, press releases, promotional materials, and ad copy for key ongoing initiatives and specific projects as assigned.
- Serve as a content producer in support of digital marketing across all platform brands.
- Write engaging and high-performing digital assets, including video scripts, social media posts, web copy, digital display ads, etc.
- Craft promotional copy for owned properties and work collaboratively to develop compelling copy for paid media campaigns.
- Ideate strategic platform statements and attention-grabbing headlines for promotion and fundraising campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with creative services to generate compelling collateral.
- Create compelling narratives for presentations to our partner organizations.
- Uphold and expand internal style guide, reinforce ongoing rebrand.
- Serve as the department’s resident proofreader.
- Stay up to date on current best practices, trends, and user experience in content engagement across digital platforms.
- Cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that supports the organization’s values and strategic plan
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A strong conceptual thinker and collaborator.
- Able to think and write from multiple points of view.
- Media-fluid: equally adept at writing promotional content, developing social media content, experiential ideas, etc.
- Great at packaging creative ideas as narrative presentations.
- Able to work with a great deal of independence, exercise sound judgment, and operate with a high level of comprehension of organizational mission, goals, and strategies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced agency, in-house copywriter, or content development role.
- Design or filmmaking skills (a plus.)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay you within a range of $45,000 to $50,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility.
- An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, paid time off with no cap, disability and life insurance, and more
- You’ll play an important role in building a marketing communications department from the ground up and establishing a culture that spurs creativity, allows for flexibility and operates at the highest levels of trust and integrity.
- Professional growth through individual direction, training and leadership development
- Connection with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- An environment that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- A commitment to diversity and inclusivity in our workplace to help us represent the voices of our community
Please provide a cover letter, resume and a portfolio link that includes any materials that are reflective of your marketing communications skills.
PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, PA and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within the first three months of hire date. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our studio and offices and to represent the organization in public.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.