Application Deadline: Friday, Oct 01, 2021
WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
About the Role
Provides detailed administrative support and donor event management for the Major Gifts Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the development team with the creation, planning and execution of all major donor events.
- Assist with updating, tracking and managing event budgets
- Assists with coordination of invitations with Design Department
- Printing of all invitation envelopes and manage all RSVP’s in
- Create all name tags; coordination with caterers; checking in donors; touch back correspondence following events
- Attendance at all donor events and coordination of logistics, tech and talent needs
Annual President’s Dinner
- Assist with all administrative aspects of the annual fundraiser
- Create and manage the database for the sponsors and all ticket holders
- Prepare invitation letter to sponsors; coordinate hard invitations to donors
- Track revenue and payments; prepare tax acknowledgment letter following event
- Follow up with corporate tables to ensure all names for the event
- Prepare all name tags and create check in table for attendees; and seating map
- Attendance at event
Process and handle gift acknowledgments.
- Download and merge acknowledgments and queries. Prepare individualized acknowledgments for review print and sent out.
- Prepares materials for appeals – quality controls and cleans data, merges letters, prints letters and inserts for mailings
- Performs data-entry and updates and corrects donor records as necessary
Assist with Research and Development
- Compile required donor information for the annual report
- Contact donors for missing pledge information, and credit card rejects
- Supports the development department’s administrative needs, including translation requests, ordering supplies and recognition products, maintaining inventory, etc.
- Prepares and distributes notes, agendas, minutes, etc., for all fundraising-related meetings
- Responds to members/donors contribution inquiries and requests for information about fundraising and/or directs to appropriate staff member
- Maintains and keeps organized the development department’s electronic and paper files, including the development department calendar.
Provide support to the Director of Major Gifts and Donor Relations
- Organize and maintain paperwork for the Director of Donor Relations including
All departmental invoices for payment (AFP’s)
- Monitor all orders for department supplies and stationary
- Assists with department reporting and measures
- Assists with special projects
- Maintain a regular and predictable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: An Associate’s degree in Liberal Arts or related field is preferred. High school diploma is required.
Experience: Three to four years’ experience in providing administrative clerical support to a senior level executive. Familiarity with office procedures and equipment is helpful. Must have the ability to research and correlate data for reports accurately and completely; use judgment in the interpretation and communication of rules and regulations and policies and evaluate and interpret basic statistical reports; spreadsheets, etc. Possess the ability to coordinate and plan corporate and social events.
Technical Skills: Advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with database structures.
*All WHYY employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Proof will be required upon hiring.