Application Deadline: Friday, Oct 15, 2021
New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR) is seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Development Associate to join our Major and Planned Gifts team. This individual will play a critical role in the department, working with the Director of Major and Planned Gifts, Vice President of Development and the Major Gifts Officer to help ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the major gifts program. This position reports to the Director of Major and Planned Gifts and is based in our Concord, New Hampshire office.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state’s largest radio news service. NHPR’s newsroom, digital team, podcasts and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence. The Development Department is the Greater Public 2020 Benchmark winner, an annual award given to recognize significant success in fundraising among public media stations.
NHPR offers a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance; company-paid short and long term disability; flexible spending accounts; a 403(b) savings plan with a company match and a free on-site fitness center. Employees are entitled to three weeks of vacation time and twelve paid holidays, as well as paid sick and parental leave. NHPR is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. And we are taking steps to meet that commitment.
• Manage and mail renewals to Leadership Circle members ($1,000+ donors) and pledge reminders, working with major gift officers.
• Track and report on major gifts received; produce and distribute acknowledgement letters for gifts and pledges; and ensure each donor is thanked properly for each of their gifts.
• Produce, review and format lists from the database for solicitations, print mailings and event invitations; provide meeting and event support; and coordinate stewardship mailings.
• Produce and maintain tracking reports on key performance indicators.
• Keep information in the database for tracking major and planned gift donors and prospects, and gifts and pledges, up to date.
• Assist with production of Leadership Circle communications, donor proposals and impact reports.
• Maintain the confidentiality of our donor information and help ensure that the highest ethical and administrative standards are applied to fundraising and financial management.
• Support the work of major gifts staff and Vice President of Development.
• Support the CEO, VP and Director in managing meetings, events and other activities associated with the fundraising responsibilities of the volunteer Development Committee and of the Board of Trustees.
• Additional duties as assigned.
If you don’t meet every qualification outlined below, but are intrigued by this position and feel you could be a good fit, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself. We are committed to the professional development of our staff.
• At least three years of experience in an office environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Good initiative and the ability to follow through with little direct supervision.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn a complex database program (Blackbaud’s Raisers’ Edge NXT) and other software tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Other qualifications that might be useful:
• Experience using a database program.
• Advanced Excel skills.
New Hampshire Public Radio believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.