Application Deadline: Friday, Sep 30, 2022
Digital Fundraising Coordinator
Application instructions for this and all current OPB employment opportunities are available at OPB’s careers page.
OPB is a leader in public media, serving diverse communities of the Northwest with fact-based, in-depth news and information about politics, the environment, science, arts, history, and cultures; business, education and more. Powered by the generous support of members, OPB seeks out a variety of voices in our communities and lifts up authentic stories of the people, places, events and issues of the region, providing context and a deeper understanding. OPB’s independent journalism and programs are available at opb.org, on OPB Radio and OPB TV. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
Join OPB’s development team in our newly created Digital Fundraising Coordinator position! In this role, you will have the opportunity to get involved early in a quickly evolving digital marketing and fundraising program. This position will be part of the Development Operations Team working closely with fundraising, marketing and digital content teams. As a growing and evolving local, public service media organization, OPB can thrive in this complex and changing media environment because of community support. The addition of this role will enable the entire fundraising team to grow that support, taking advantage of new opportunities and meeting ambitious goals. Your curiosity, interest in data and direct marketing, and comfort with constant change will help you thrive in this position and contribute to the success of the department.
Working with the development, marketing and digital content teams, this position coordinates the production and delivery of strategic and effective digital communications to members, sustainers, and prospects on email, and OPB’s website and social platforms. The Digital Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for building emails and defining and generating audience selections for those emails. The Digital Fundraising Coordinator also implements OPBs digital testing program, reviewing campaign results ensuring OPB can effectively and accurately communicate and engage with our audiences.
50% – Implement email fundraising, prospecting, and cultivation campaigns.
- Manage production of regularly scheduled emails including newsletters, member communications, and solicitation and cultivation emails, updating and building audience segments and creating and updated email content as required and ensuring that emails are delivered to the right people, on schedule.
- Coordinate with the membership, marketing and digital content teams on the production of email communications, gathering image and copy assets, identifying audiences, managing the proofing process, creating and sending emails, and providing reports on results.
- Assist in the development and production of new email efforts including a prospect welcome email series, member cultivation email series, reengagement efforts and other new campaigns.
- Produce, refine and distribute detailed analysis reports on email efforts to drive future fundraising strategies.
- Coordinate weekly prospect uploads into email marketing system and monthly member record updates.
- Work with the team to define email solicitation and testing strategies and assist in the implementation of tests and the reporting on results.
- Collaborate with the Development Operations team to successfully complete an upcoming CRM migration and assist with the evaluation and selection of future tools for digital marketing.
30% – Create and update online giving forms, campaign landing pages and other assets required to support digital campaigns on OPB’s website and social platforms
- Coordinate the production of assets as required to support digital campaigns, ensuring images, copy, links, etc. are all ready in time for campaign launch.
- Manage and update online contribution forms to support fundraising efforts on all channels, ensuring content is appropriate and updated, data is accurate, and forms are clearly named and organized.
- Update campaign landing pages on OPB.org as appropriate for new campaigns, create new pages when required, and tracking use and activity on all campaign landing pages to ensure effectiveness.
- Produce and refine detailed analysis reports on digital efforts to drive future fundraising strategies.
- Work with the team to define digital solicitation and testing strategies, assist with production work required to support testing strategies, and report back on test results.
- Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities to implement new features or platforms for online giving, and assist with the evaluation and implementation of those tools.
20% – Coordinate back-end processes that support email subscription management
- Update content and copy on subscription management forms as needed to support changes to OPB’s email newsletter program
- Monitor and refine back end automations related to subscription management and audience segmentation ensuring timely and accurate subscription management and updating as required to support new email properties or strategic changes
- Assist with efforts to support deliverability and reputation management, including data clean up and standardization, monitoring of KPIs related to deliverability, and researching and troubleshooting deliverability issues.
Most activity takes place during regular work hours and can be done remotely or on site. Some work takes place in the mornings and evenings to support specific campaigns. Periodic in-person meetings will be required.
- Two years experience in a marketing, membership, or fundraising role.
- Familiarity with email marketing and marketing automation tools (RedPoint, SendGrid, Campaign Monitor, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a CRM and data to identify and build audiences and evaluate campaigns, programs and procedures to inform decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics or other Business Intelligence tools and experience generating standard reports
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS and ability to troubleshoot issues in a content builder
- Experience working collaboratively with across teams and departments to meet goals.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects independently and in a positive, solutions focused manner with appropriate direction and judgment.
- A self-starter with the ability and desire to learn new skills and assume new duties.
- Flexibility, excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- HTML/CSS, or other web coding skills
- Familiarity with basic graphic design and photo editing tools
- Writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience with report development or data analysis.
- Experience with RedPoint Marketing Platform and/or Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- This position reports to the Director of Development Operations and is benefits eligible.
- The probable hiring range for this nonexempt position is between $21.00 – $25.25 hourly (43,680 – 52,520 annually), depending on qualifications.
- For the safety of our employees, the contractors/vendors we work with, and the public we serve, OPB has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy and all employees are required to show proof of vaccination.
- This position has access to highly sensitive data and therefore must pass a background check.
How to Apply
For application instructions, please visit OPB’s careers page. You will be asked to create an account, upload your cover letter and resume and answer a few position-related questions. Once you click “submit” you cannot make changes to your application.
Your application materials are due by 8:59 PM Pacific Time on September 30, 2022.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.