Application Deadline: Sunday, Aug 07, 2022
New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR) seeks a creative, motivated, and digitally savvy team member to join their development team as a Digital Membership Associate. The right candidate will be a strong writer, organized, quick to learn and able to creatively and effectively deploy digital tools to acquire new members, and engage current members, for New Hampshire’s statewide, independent, nonprofit news service. The Digital Membership Associate reports to the Membership Director and works closely with the membership team on digital fundraising strategy and goals. This is a hybrid eligible position with an ideal candidate being NH based.
- Email Fundraising
- Maintain membership email calendar, including messages for on-air drive, renewals, special appeal fundraising, and sustainer communications.
- Write, create, and deploy fundraising emails through Luminate Online and Mailchimp.
- Meet goals for email revenue and member acquisition through email.
- Digital Fundraising
- Work closely with the digital content team to include membership messaging in all NHPR digital properties: email newsletter, nhpr.org, and on social media.
- Maintain all online donation forms.
- Develop ongoing digital testing program; keep up to date on new digital tactics and evaluate and propose tools and tactics to test.
- Podcast Fundraising
- Work with NHPR’s Creative Production Unit, digital team, and membership team on podcast membership strategy.
- Create and implement project plans for two podcast fundraisers per year.
- Manage ongoing membership messaging calendar for podcast properties.
- Write, create, and deploy fundraising emails for podcast fundraisers.
- Stay up to date on new podcast fundraising tactics and evaluate and propose new initiatives for NHPR podcast properties.
- Other Membership initiatives as needed
- Assist with on-air fundraising efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone with…
- 3 years experience in digital fundraising or marketing
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated strength in written communications
- Ability to learn new tools and software quickly
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and take on responsibility
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Luminate Online, Mailchimp, or Raiser’s Edge NXT
- HTML experience
- Nonprofit work experience
…but we know there are great candidates who may not have all these qualities or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position that includes a flexible hybrid working arrangement. The salary range for this role is $40,200 to $48,200.
NHPR offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD/LTD, FSA, vacation, sick days, organizational holidays, 403(b) plan, and access to an on-site fitness center.
Things to Know About Us:
NHPR is the state’s foremost news organization, focused on producing accountability journalism and engaging deeply with the diverse communities and people of the Granite State. For 40 years, NHPR has produced incisive local news on the radio and emerging audio platforms, complementing the national and global reporting of our partners at NPR. We make nationally prominent podcasts – including Bear Brook, Outside/In, Civics 101 and Document – and have a fast-growing footprint in digital and social media.
In our leaders – and across the organization – we seek people who are approachable, collaborative, empathetic, optimistic, and solution-minded. Together, we are building a culture based on earned trust, transparency, equity and inclusion. We hold ourselves accountable to our goals and our values. We have publicly stated our commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff and our journalism. NHPR is intent on being public radio for all of New Hampshire, and to expanding our audience and advancing our mission and vision by deepening our engagement with diverse people and communities across the state and beyond our borders.
The health and safety of our employees, their families and the community at large is a high priority for NHPR. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required for employment. Individuals must be fully up-to-date with their vaccinations no later than their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship pursuant to applicable law.
*Per the CDC: A person is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination if they have received all recommended doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible.
Please apply on the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs
- Include a Resume and Cover Letter
NHPR is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NHPR encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.