Application Deadline: Thursday, Apr 15, 2021
WDSE•WRPT is a growing organization with 56 years of trust with community and seeks to hire its first Director of Content to bring high-quality local journalism and community media programming to viewers on multiple platforms. The Director of Content is responsible for the vision, strategic development, and presentation of all content on WDSE.WRPT’s digital and broadcast platforms with the goal of retaining, growing, and diversifying WDSE•WRPT’s audience in Northeastern Minnesota and around Lake Superior. The Director of Content oversees and is responsible for recruiting, training, and managing production, educational and community engagement staff.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leadership team that is committed to expanding services for our community and supporting the growth and success of our professional staff. As a collaborative member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Content oversees and is responsible for recruiting, training, and managing production, educational and community engagement staff. Direct reports include the Production Manager, Educational Outreach Coordinator, and Community Engagement.
WDSE.WRPT is an equal opportunity employer. We seek a leader that recognizes and supports our determination that diversity is an institutional attribute and asset essential to fulfilling our mission of community service. Through our programming, practices, and policies, we strive to serve all groups and to value and respect all individuals in our community.
A full description of the position and requirements is posted on WDSE.WRPT’s web site. For additional information or to discuss this position, WDSE.WRPT is assisted by NETA Consulting. Contact Skip Hinton, email@example.com or Angee Simmons, ASImmons@netaonline.org
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to WDSEContent@netaconsulting.org
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience in journalism, media, or content creation.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in content creation and/or television programming that includes project management and staff supervision.
- Demonstrable understanding of the media digital space, digital marketing, and web analytics.
- Extensive experience with project management and staff supervision in a media environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communications, and time management skills.
For additional information about this position, please contact: