Application Deadline: Monday, Mar 08, 2021
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Does the idea of joining a dynamic marketing team that’s taking the Sacramento-based NPR-member station’s brand and visual identity in a fresh, new direction excite you?
Are you eager to use your skills and passion to deliver stellar visual creative that engages diverse audiences on digital, social, and print platforms?
Would you like to leverage your empathy and creativity to help drive our vision of empowering communities to navigate life with deeper connection and understanding?
If so, then you should apply for CapRadio’s new Graphic & Digital Media Designer position!
In this position, you will work to maintain, grow and elevate CapRadio’s creative program, producing graphics and digital media assets for projects related to our brand, sub-brands and products. We encourage experimentation and new ideas, and we are not afraid to risk failure in order to learn and innovate. This position will also play an important role in helping us build and nurture a comprehensive brand identity that brings together all of CapRadio’s efforts to market our distinctive assets.
The ideal candidate will have professional design experience, a strong sense of design fundamentals and trends, and the ability to ideate and deliver creative that meets defined objectives, taking into consideration audience and use case. We’re looking for someone who is collaborative, a self-starter, can take direction and synthesize asks, and is able to effectively communicate their ideas to team members.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don’t meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Conceptualize, design and produce multi-channel creative assets that resonate with diverse audiences while reinforcing the CapRadio brand
- Explore new and unique ways to advance the CapRadio brand, sub-brands and products, ensuring creative reflects our visual identity and adheres to brand guidelines
- Work closely with the marketing team to ideate, design and produce a variety of assets. Visuals may include, but are not limited to marketing, membership and corporate support collateral, digital and print ads, social media, media kits, email campaigns, videos, GIFs and audiograms, direct mail and more
- Coordinate with digital content and digital products teams to translate researched information or data into easy-to-understand and visually engaging typography, illustrations and infographics
- Coordinate with live/virtual events team lead to update and generate design deliverables, timelines and event creative
- Maintain inventory of media assets
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- 2+ years of professional design experience, either agency, in-house, or freelance
- Degree or course of study in art/design
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint) and GSuite (Google Docs, Google Slides)
- Ability to listen, visualize and translate concepts into compelling creative solutions across digital and print mediums targeted at a wide range of audiences
- Solid design fundamentals and an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate in cross-functional teams and communicate with other staff
- Ability to problem solve and create multiple design solutions; receptive to design critique but also able to justify your design choices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and deadlines, shifting priorities as needed
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume, and a portfolio, or link to a portfolio, of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position, Chris Bruno, Director of Marketing.
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.