Application Deadline: Thursday, Jun 08, 2023
Position: Manager, Partnership Development
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Workplace Type: Hybrid
*Full Covid19 vaccination will be required
ABOUT THE JOB
Lehigh Valley Public Media is seeking a Manager, Partnership Development to lead a team of customer-facing advertising/sponsorship representatives. You will use your strong management skills to inspire your team to identify and solve client business challenges and deepen advertiser partnerships. You will manage the day-to-day operations of your team, set clear team-goals, and remove roadblocks. You will report directly to the Chief Development Officer and will partner closely with a variety of teams including Content and Marketing to set and achieve organization-level objectives.
We’re a growing public media company with a television station and news radio station that is rebuilding a newsroom and introducing a new digital platform. As we grow and restructure, upping our digital game and expanding our digital audience top the list of priorities. We’re in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania – a news-rich community whose traditional media have been battered and shrunken by layoffs and corporate ownership. Our mission: Reinvigorate our community with journalism that informs and enlightens – and beat back the shadows of a looming news desert.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of customer-facing advertising/sponsorship representatives in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Develop and execute strategies tailored to client needs, team development, revenue, and operations objectives
- Hire and develop a top-tier team; effectively procure and deploy resources; manage capacity
- Engage with leadership to represent business results and advocate for customer needs
- Build and sustain effective relationships with partner teams
- Develop and implement best practices to drive ROI, ease of doing business and scale for anticipated growth.
- Assess ongoing client and partner feedback to ensure performance against organizational objectives
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LVPM product suite, CRM, other tools, and internal workflows
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Leaders, collaborators, and team players
- Able to bloom in a startup-like, fast-paced environment
- Experienced digital, broadcast, event sales and sponsorships executives
- Excellent communicators
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5+ years relevant management experience in some or all of the following: local media ad sales, event sponsorships, digital marketing, tech sales/account management or related fields.
- Proven record of delivering quantifiable revenue impact and exceeding goals
- 3+ years people management experience
- Successful track record of recruiting top talent and building high performing teams
- Excellent organizational, relationship-building, and written/verbal communication skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
– Competitive salary with bonus
– An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, innovative paid time off policies, disability and life insurance, and more
– Professional growth through individual direction, training, and development activities
– Connection with our industry through professional associations and conferences
– A culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
– A commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community
Lehigh Valley Public Media highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, Pa., and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our offices or represent us in public.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.