Application Deadline: Friday, Sep 24, 2021
Marfa Public Radio serves approximately 30,000 square miles of far west Texas, plus an online streaming audience worldwide. Our broadcast is a lifeline for news, information, education, the arts, and music, for free, 24/7. In 2020, Marfa Public Radio swept the Texas/Oklahoma Regional Murrow Awards. The station has won a total of 5 National Murrow Awards over the last 5 years.
The Membership Coordinator leads the implementation of membership efforts at Marfa Public Radio. Membership campaigns include: sustaining membership program, on-air fundraising, direct mail, and digital fundraising.
The Membership Coordinator will work with the Executive Director to create and implement a fundraising plan and strategy that will meet our goal of increased engagement from membership.
The right candidate will have initiative, a strong work ethic, excellent people skills and judgement to coordinate and accomplish multiple detailed projects with competing priorities in a confidential, accurate, efficient, supportive, and professional manner.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as the primary point of contact for member needs and concerns, including in-person, phone, email and voicemail management and interaction, thank you gift program, and donor events.
- Manage and sustain the membership program, including membership data such facilitating pledges into the station’s Etapestry database, revenue reconciliation, maintenance of the membership database and the integrity of donor data.
- Coordinate and oversee annual membership activity, including annual appeals and end-of-year fundraising
- Coordinate regular communication with members, donors, and foundations via mail campaigns, email, and face-to-face relationships
- Serve a key role in pledge drives as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
- Assist with marketing efforts, including direct mail, digital marketing, social media coordination, and identifying marketing trends and opportunities for innovation
- With Executive Director, set fundraising goals and appropriately communicate goals to staff
- Contribute to the overall success of the station’s membership services by performing other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Prepare and execute a comprehensive 3-year fundraising plan to reach new and current development goals & objectives
- Maintain a comprehensive development calendar for fiscal year
- Fulfill end-of-year tax requirements to donors
- Regularly report to the staff and board on fundraising activity
- Coordinate special fundraising events
- Publically represent Marfa Public Radio with professionalism, positivity, and genuine interest in the communities we serve
- Seek ongoing enrichment of relationships through networking, outreach to business, civic engagement, involvement with the arts and education communities, and through membership organizations
- Highly organized and self-motivated team player who is professional, creative, and takes ownership of responsibilities
- Education or experience in development, marketing, non-profit management, communications, business, accounting, public relations, event management, small business ownership, or entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive, professional, and friendly relationships with community members and partners
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated familiarity of computer systems and ability to learn new development and radio specific programs as required
- Proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Proficiency in online platforms such as email, shared drives, mass communications, and databases; experience with eTapestry or other membership databases preferred
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently on complex communication tasks
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A high degree of confidentiality
- Grant-writing, grant-management and reporting experience
- Willing to periodically travel throughout West Texas, more broadly throughout the state, and some national travel
- Spanish conversation and writing skills a plus
Pay and Benefits
Salary Range $50,000-$60,000
Benefits include paid vacation days, paid sick days, medical and dental benefits