Application Deadline: Thursday, Apr 15, 2021
Marfa Public Radio, an award-winning NPR affiliate station in Marfa, Texas, seeks a Morning Edition host to join our team. The Morning Edition host writes and delivers on-air newscasts and other show elements within the body of Morning Edition. They will also produce content for the show and function as a member of the editorial team. This position works closely with the All Things Considered host.
The Morning Edition host must be a responsible, productive, and enterprising individual possessing a passion for how global, national, and regional issues connect to the Marfa Public Radio listening area.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 2-years of on-air hosting experience preferred.
- Engaging and professional on-air presence and comfort with hosting a live program.
- Demonstrated history of maintaining high journalistic standards of objectivity, balance, and fairness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Efficient at multitasking.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and social media concepts and tools with an ability to think creatively about digital content.
- Strong broadcast writing and reporting skills.
- NPR quality anchoring and voicing skills.
- Ability to produce NPR quality features and spot news.
- Ability to operate digital audio broadcast equipment, including ENCO and similar systems.
- Experience operating a broadcast board.
- Web posting experience.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or other digital audio editing software preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
This is a full-time position with benefits. This position is located in Marfa, TX.
Salary Range: $37,000-$42,000
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marfa Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.