Application Deadline: Thursday, Jul 13, 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
The Newsletter Editor is responsible for managing the creation of a newsletter for a digital news platform and its subscriber growth, retention and engagement. It also includes some content creation and contributing toward reader engagement strategies across multiple platform channels.
We’re a growing public media company with a television station and an NPR radio station that is building a newsroom and new digital platform. We’re in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania – a news-rich community whose traditional media have been battered and shrunken by layoffs and corporate ownership. Our mission: Reinvigorate our community with journalism that informs and enlightens – and beat back the shadows of a looming news desert.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Play a pivotal role in the planning, production and publishing of journalism newsletters for our soon-to-be expanded digital news platform.
- Track newsletter analytics and reader input to seize opportunities for the newsletters to be even more impactful with reach, engagement and trust.
- Develop and distribute regular reports on newsletter performance metrics and trends. Be prepared to lend recommendations on related areas of audience engagement and building audience trust
- Use analytic tools to create data-driven reports on newsletter performance focusing on audience acquisition, retention and conversion of subscribers into members.
- Coach newsroom staff to bring more depth of knowledge about newsletters and work with some of the reporters who might be interested in developing beat newsletter products
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
Versatile and steady under pressure. Able to bloom in a startup environment and will not get frustrated or overwhelmed by the pace of growth. Have an eye for compelling content and the ability to communicate that to a diverse audience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of newsletters and email analytics using tools. (Google Analytics preferred)
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of AP style, impeccable grammar and copy-editing skills
- Experience with Piano and Brightspot/Grove a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication or related field, or equivalent experience. Two or more years of digital newsletter production and management. Experience in a newsroom is preferred.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay within a range of $40,000 to $45,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility
- An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, six types of paid time off, disability and life insurance, and more
- Professional growth through individual direction, training and development activities
- Connection with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- A culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- A commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community
- We’ll welcome you to an inclusive newsroom that is dedicated to our community and making it better tomorrow than it is today
Lehigh Valley Public Media highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, Pa., and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within the first 3 months of hire date. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our offices.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.