Application Deadline: Monday, Apr 12, 2021
WNIN seeks a President & CEO who will lead the organization to next-generation media opportunities with a strong focus on the local community. Evansville, Indiana, is located on the banks of the Ohio River. It is home to an exciting array of historical and cultural sites and is a Midwestern hub for healthcare and medical science industries.
WNIN’s high tech, all-digital facility features new digital, radio and television studios, newsroom and editing capacity and a cinema-style public theater.
We are looking for a leader who will guide our organization to listen, build strong relationships, and invite diverse audiences to share our content. WNIN radio, television and digital services reach viewers and listeners in Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois and beyond. We are seeking a CEO who will work with the WNIN staff to maximize current and emerging technologies and continue transitioning the organization to a “digital now” culture.
WNIN is assisted in this search by NETA Consulting. If you are interested in applying, send your resume and a one-page vision statement for WNIN to: WNINCEO@NETAConsulting.org
To discuss this opportunity, you can contact Skip Hinton, Skip@netaconsulting.org.
For best possible consideration, please submit application by April 12, 2021. WNIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Following is the description and required qualifications and experience for this position:
President and CEO Position Description —WNIN TV, Radio and Digital Services
WNIN, Tri-State Public Media, is the licensee of public television and radio stations headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, and serving Southwest Indiana with coverage in the tri-state area. The CEO reports to the chair of the Board of Directors and is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the organization.
The President serves as chief executive of WNIN, providing leadership, direction, and oversight to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and achieves its objectives, as determined with the Board of Directors. The CEO also serves as a member of the corporation’s board.
Ideal candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant academic discipline, with an advanced degree desirable; a minimum of 5-10 years senior management experience in public media or related field; successful strategic and financial planning, marketing, fundraising and governmental relations experience; exceptional interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills; the ability to inspire a talented staff and dedicated volunteers; outstanding written and oral communication skills; personal and professional integrity; understanding and appreciation of WNIN and the Evansville, IN and Tri-State area; and energetic enthusiasm for being the face of WNIN as the principal advocate and “public persona.”
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Experienced, mission-driven leader who promotes a positive culture and workplace.
- Effective communicator with an open, engaging style.
- Effective fundraiser, able to establish and maintain individual and institutional relationships.
- Commitment to and proven record of growing and nurturing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and as represented by our content.
- Clear, high standards of integrity for the individual, our content, and our role within our communities of service.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with media creation and consumption.
- Results oriented management style that is supportive of staff and leadership.
- Thorough understanding of broadcast and digital technologies.
- Storytelling ability.
- Understanding/experience in working with non-profit organizations.
- Represents WNIN to the general public, presenting an objective, non-political approach in every aspect of communication.
For additional information about this position, please contact: