Sponsorship and Advertising Partnership Development
PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR
Bethlehem , PA
Application Deadline: Sunday, Sep 24, 2023
Position: Sales, Partnership Development
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Full Covid19 vaccination will be required
ABOUT THE JOB
As the successful Partnership Development candidate, you will develop digital advertising and cross-platform media sponsorship programs for local advertisers as a member of our Corporate Development group. You will identify opportunities to market our cross-platform advertising and sponsorships programs for our digital, broadcast, and local event initiatives.
We’re a growing public media company with a television station and news radio station that is rebuilding a newsroom and introducing a new digital platform. As we grow and restructure, upping our digital game and expanding our digital audience top the list of priorities. We’re in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania – a news-rich community whose traditional media have been battered and shrunken by layoffs and corporate ownership. Our mission: Reinvigorate our community with journalism that informs and enlightens – and beat back the shadows of a looming news desert.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use excellent communication skills in order to articulate our mission.
- Develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with new and existing client partners.
- Leverage our digital, broadcast and event channels to create mutually successful advertising and marketing programs for the clients we serve.
- Conduct full life-cycle sales- prospecting, qualifying, needs assessments, proposal creation and presentation, securing the sale, and servicing the account.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-term relationships with decision makers of local corporations and businesses.
- Build relationships, foster team work and collaborate internally to assure the best possible outcome for customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Lead generators, collaborators and team players
- Able to bloom in a startup-like, fast-paced environment
- Able to create thoughtful and persuasive written, oral and presentation communications and creatively explain the organization’s mission to prospective clients.
- Excellent communicators
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A successful track record in local media sales and/or event sponsorship sales.
- An ability to recognize partner business priorities and develop creative solutions utilizing our digital, broadcast and events platforms.
- Established relationships with key brands and agencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Salesforce or another CMS database a plus.
- Excellent inter-team collaboration skills
- A thoughtful and positive demeanor with a welcoming can-do attitude
- Willingness to attend social events and engagements during evening hours
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
– Competitive salary with commission
– An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, an innovative paid time off policy, disability and life insurance, and more
– Professional growth through individual direction, training, and development activities
– Connection with our industry through professional associations and conferences
– A culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
– A commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community
Lehigh Valley Public Media highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, Pa., and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our offices or represent us in public.
When applying, please supply a resume and cover letter.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.