Application Deadline: Friday, Sep 30, 2022
The Traffic and Copy Clearance Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Sponsorship Traffic & Copy. The Traffic and Copy Clearance Manager works with sponsors and national agencies to execute strategies to actively service these accounts.
- Work with the sales team to create and/or edit effective and compelling copy for their clients’ radio, streaming, and podcast sponsorships. The copy should be in compliance with FCC, NPR, and GBH and PBS podcast guidelines.Work with the sales team to get final approval from the client.
- Approve all radio, streaming, and podcast copy, with the Assistant Director of Sponsorship Traffic & Copy offering guidance in interpretation.
- Proofread copy to check spelling, grammar, and pronunciations.
- Ensure copy runs within the correct length, in collaboration with the Sales and Radio Traffic & Promotions teams.
- Manage the data entry of all radio, streaming, and podcast copy in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Add priority numbers to the line items in all radio orders, in Marketron traffic system. This includes creating all National Public Media and Market Enginuity orders and submitting them to the Radio Traffic & Promotions team.
- Work daily with the Radio Traffic & Promotions team, to ensure the timely production of all sponsored audio and to schedule clients’ radio and testimonial copy.
- Oversee all streaming copy and approval, order tracking in the Streaming Master, production, and trafficking in AudioServe traffic system.
- Work with Radio Traffic & Promotions teams to produce all podcast copy to be trafficked through vendor PRX.
- Do frequent spot checks and pull weekly and monthly reports to proactively manage inventory and maximize revenue, in Marketron radio traffic system and AudioServe streaming traffic system.
- Revise radio orders in Marketron weekly, to bonus spots to fill the next broadcast week.
- Inform the sales team of their clients’ missing copy and copy deadlines, audio approval timelines, upcoming air-times, and radio pledge drive dates.
- Provide Marketron and AudioServe affidavits of in-progress and completed flights.
- Maintain proper revenue recognition and client billing for the Sales and Radio Traffic & Promotions teams. Correct in a timely manner any discrepancies they flag, between the sales team’s Microsoft Dynamics database and the Marketron and AudioServe traffic systems.
- Backup the Sales Order Manager, creating and revising Marketron and AudioServe orders when needed.
- Backup the Assistant Director of Sponsorship Traffic & Copy on TV, podcast, and digital traffic campaigns, including display ads, e-newsletters, and print.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Must be able to write sponsorship copy and work under tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a professional demeanor in person and phone; creative and able to juggle many projects simultaneously with poise and a positive attitude.
- Candidates should have excellent organizational and project management skills, coupled with the proven ability to work independently to problem solve, set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Candidate must be able to work in a collaborative manner across departments with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships.
- Proficient MS Office skills, including strong background with spreadsheets and database software systems and the ability to learn new software.
- Solid understanding of numbers/data necessary.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Three to five years of professional experience required.
For additional information about this position, please contact: