Application Deadline: Monday, Mar 08, 2021
Status: Full Time, Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Do you get energized by managing a space that brings the community together through a variety of branded events, partnerships, and exhibitions that present the space as a rental opportunity for like-minded outside organizations?
And do you have the expertise to create and implement a business plan for a venue while operating in a financially sustainable matter?
If so, then you should apply to be the Venue Manager for CapRadio’s new Sutter Health Center for Community Engagement (CCE)!
This is a new, full-time, exempt position. In this role you will build systems, workflows, and staff to allow the CCE to launch operations and reach its full potential over time as a tangible expression of CapRadio’s brand for current and aspirational audiences. Your role would transpire the CapRadio goal and aspiration to create a thriving cultural and community engagement center in the Sacramento region.
The ideal candidate will feel a connection with CapRadio’s public service mission and will be experienced in and passionate about venue management and community engagement strategies. If you have extensive venue management experience, are a capable event coordinator and facilitator, and if this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don’t meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Act as the liaison between the CCE planning team and construction team to bring the project to completion
- Develop a strong business plan for the venue, including cost and revenue projections from the start-up phase through full utilization
- Create systems for managing the performance space, lobby, and outdoor space, including calendaring, booking, rental fee structure and contracts, ticketing and reserved seating, concessions, alcohol license and coat check
- Seek out and manage the relationship with the site’s potential café vendor
- Evaluate liability and security concerns and put programs in place to address each
- Maintain the right mix of events in order to make the space revenue neutral, including CapRadio events, Sutter Health events, co-branded events with outside groups and rentals to outside groups and/or presenters
- Work with CapRadio events team to produce our own branded events
- Previous experience in managing a community performance space
- Strong financial management, rental and contract negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated track record in hiring and training a talented and dedicated team
- Experience with the technical infrastructure of a state-of the art performance space
- Dedication to managing a variety of projects on deadline and with strong attention to detail and pride in authorship
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience preferred
- Passion for public media, journalism, music, and the arts
- A thirst for continuous learning, bordering on geekiness
Fluent with a variety of online platforms and ability to create visually arresting communications pieces that are consistent with the CapRadio brand
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position, Shirlee Tully, Chief Development & Brand Officer.
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.