Application Deadline: Thursday, Sep 30, 2021
- PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT, the local NPR news station WLVR, and the television station WPPT, as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is the umbrella for all our brands and initiatives.
- We are a 50-year-young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
- We are in an exciting new era for the organization, and we seek talented team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
- Our Mission Statement: PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
PBS39 is seeking full time experienced and creative Video Editor who will assist post-production in a fast-paced, energetic, and diverse environment. The video editor works to achieve the best final film outcome, with the goal of telling the story in the most effective and compelling way. The video editor will primarily be using Avid editing software.
- Edit various types of content for television and online distribution
- Manage projects from start to finish
- Ensure PBS39’s technical standards are met
- Accept editorial changes and recommendations
- Work directly with producers, director of production, and VP of production.
- Create simple graphics including lower thirds, and full screen.
- Perform Quality Control and review finished content.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- Video editing experience.
- Proficiency in Avid editing software
- Understand the technical processes involved in editing for television.
- Knowledgeable in current broadcast video and audio standards.
- After Effects experience is beneficial.
- Studio production experience preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to craft a story with or without a script.
- Ability to work independently, or on a shared project.
- Ability to adhere to tight and ever-changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in television production or related field preferred
- 2 years of experience in the television industry
- Must be able to work longer hours as well as occasional weekends when requested.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
If there is no option to do so through the job posting site, please send the following via email to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
- References (will not be contacted unless you are a finalist)
- Please also indicate how you found out about the position
- Include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
PBS39/WLVR 91.3 is an equal opportunity employer.