Application Deadline: Friday, Jan 13, 2023
WUNC Executive Producer – New Daily Show
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
WUNC plans to launch a new daily radio show in 2023 and we’re looking for a talented and experienced individual to help lead this effort as the program’s Executive Producer.
The Executive Producer will work with the co-hosts and program director to design and pilot a new daily radio show for WUNC with a focus on North Carolina news and culture. This position is responsible for helping lead the production team of a daily radio show and subsequent podcast and on-demand products. This person will work with two co-hosts and supervise several producers.
North Carolina Public Radio-WUNC is the public broadcast service of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. WUNC is one of the most listened to radio stations of any kind in the Raleigh Metro Market. The station provides a 24 hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week news and public affairs service to listeners throughout the state of North Carolina. WUNC serves a wide geographic area with broadcasts that reach into more than half of North Carolina’s 100 counties.
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required (or foreign degree equivalent); for candidates demonstrating comparable independent research productivity or comparable background in independent academic or instructional activities, will accept a relevant Bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution. This experience may be related to the direction/oversight of programs that focus the academic and research resources of a higher education institution towards community or regional issues.
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, with a master’s degree preferred
• At least three years of management experience on an audio production team preferably in public media.
• At least three years of experience as an audio producer on a broadcast show or podcast, preferably in public media.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Creativity and initiative
• Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines, working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues effectively and collaboratively
• A familiarity with North Carolina news and culture
• Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/245175
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume, cover letter, and references. The deadline to apply is 01/13/2023.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive newsroom.