Application Deadline: Thursday, Dec 08, 2022
WUNC On-line Fundraising and Marketing Development Associate
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring an On-line Fundraising and Marketing Development Associate.
WUNC Radio provides quality news, information and entertainment programming to a broad listening audience that includes North Carolina, the United States and the world. WUNC serves North Carolina from Greensboro to the Outer Banks through a network of seven stations, with a weekly listenership of 300,000 listeners.
This position is located in Chapel Hill, NC.
WUNC’s mission is to provide high-quality news, cultural and entertainment content to create a more informed and engaged community. The Online Fundraising and Marketing Associate supports that mission by marketing WUNC content and fundraising efforts to the community via social media, newsletters as well as serving as the lead of our online fundraising. This position will strategically expand WUNC’s social media following by defining and implementing comprehensive strategies to increase donor conversions, brand visibility, listener engagement and traffic across all social platforms. This complex, multi-faceted role will enable WUNC to foster deeper relationships with listeners, promote WUNC to new audiences, and ultimately drive audience growth and engagement to higher levels. This in turn will also transition into increased financial support for WUNC.
The Online Fundraising and Marketing Associate will help grow the WUNC brand through relevant social channels to target audiences as well as the local communities. This position will strategize with internal stakeholders across WUNC departments to engage key target audiences through valuable content and grow them into brand advocates.
The WUNC On-line and Marketing Associate will be an experienced fundraising and marketing professional with a proven track record of on-line fundraising, marketing, and communication skills.
Leading candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment, or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital media formats, web development, graphic design, and digital communication platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of online communities, engagement, and interaction.
• Great customer service attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to build rapport with donors and listeners.
• High attention to detail with the ability to think strategically, manage time and effectively prioritize to achieve station goals.
• Ability to create original content including graphics for social media platforms.
• Ability to work independently. Excellent time-management skills and self-motivation.
• A collaborative personality who enjoys working as part of a team and values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
Preferred qualifications are:
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication, on-line marketing, or related field. Master’s degree or comparable combination of education and experience preferred.
• At least two years of on-line fundraising and marketing experience.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/244719
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume, cover letter, and references. The deadline to apply is 12/08/2022.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive newsroom.