Application Deadline: Thursday, Dec 15, 2022
Manages the monthly close process and preparation of monthly Financial Statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for monthly financial close
- Prepare all monthly journals and account reconciliations for the monthly accounting cycle in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee and review account payables, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Maintain the general ledger and Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Provide daily tracking of cash balances and cash needs
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related reports for management
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintain contact with customers and outside vendors
- Maintain documentation in support of the Annual Audit.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- 3-5 years accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of GAAP, Word, Excel, Accounting and Database software. QuickBooks experience is highly preferred.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change that benefits Your Public Radio, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills, can negotiate and persuade as needed.
- Results Focus/Initiative: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility, provides leadership/motivation.
- Collaboration: Working collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively. Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Your Public Radio.
- Meticulous sense of detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Active communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and activities.
- Working knowledge of Your Public Radio programming and the services of the network is preferred.
- Access to a personal vehicle highly desired.
Professionalism: Observes work rules and practices covered during the orientation process and practices appropriate conduct as outlined in the Your Public Radio Handbook.
WYPR offers a competitive benefits package.
Applications can also be mailed to Business Manager, WYPR, 2216 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region. The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit so as to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.