Application Deadline: Monday, May 31, 2021
The Director, Digital Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing a digital marketing plan that supports the organization’s overall mission and more specifically the objectives set forth for programming, community education and engagement, and development efforts. The Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for ensuring that the digital strategy supports the organization’s overall brand and marketing presence across all digital platforms including social media, web site, email marketing and other online strategies. The Director, Digital Marketing, will also have responsibility for developing and leading the execution of the marketing plan in support of the organization’s development objectives.
- Creation and execution of the organization’s digital marketing plan in support of goals and objectives
- Direct and manage all social media channels across all properties and platforms (LVPM, PBS39, WLVR, Lehigh Valley Reads)
- Develop and lead the execution of the marketing plan in support of the organization’s development objectives
- Serve as a lead content producer for the marketing department with a focus on digital marketing properties (web, social)
- Create video properties/promotional materials as needed for digital marketing purposes
- Collaborate with agency to ensure digital execution is aligned with promotional campaigns
- Execute editorial calendar for both paid and organic digital promotions/messaging on social media platforms and website in collaboration with agency
- Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall brand strategy
- Build out with partners the digital email platform, including analytical reporting and email strategy
- Manage specific marketing and brand-related content for sections of the website, including home page, specific secondary pages, unique landing pages, and blog module
- Work with agency to monitor and report digital media/community coverage
- Actively participate in the internal Lab@39 team meetings
- Establish a push notification strategy to keep stakeholders informed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to meet the priorities of LVPM
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- Seven (7) or more years of PR/marketing experience preferred, with a firm understanding of analytics, SEO, and digital marketing.
- Detailed understanding of web and social tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Constant Contact or similar, Google Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Must understand and be able to demonstrate proper use of the newest social media
- Excellent written communication skills required.
- Must have a working knowledge of graphics applications in Adobe Suite.
- Must be able to build and implement email marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency in video editing software (Avid, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut) preferred but not required.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and passionate with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, establish priorities, organize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Must have desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work tactfully and effectively with staff, board members, donors and volunteers.
- Public media and/or fundraising experience is a plus.
- Must be a positive, creative and forward-looking thinker.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism, English or related field is preferred but not required.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
- Strong writing skills
- Well-versed in the use of social media as a marketing tool
- Stay current with emerging opportunities in the digital marketing world
- Attentive to the needs of internal clients
- Problem solver and strong communicator