PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR
Bethlehem , PA
Application Deadline: Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
Serves as the main grant writer securing private support for PBS39, 91.3 WLVR, LehighValleyNews.com and its affiliates by conducting the full range of activities required to obtain grants. This includes identifying and researching prospective funders, matching funder mission to public media, education, our local community initiatives, and local journalism, preparing and writing the grant proposal, and overseeing the post-award grant process. This is an excellent opportunity for the grant writer who wants to pursue multiple verticals for funding including public media, local journalism, education, arts and culture, workforce development and others.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is a growing public media company and home to the recently launched LehighValleyNews.com, the area’s only nonprofit and locally operated digital news platform as well as public media television station PBS39 and NPR radio station WLVR 91.3 that offer local, national, and international programming that informs, educates, and entertains.
Our broadcast and digital platforms are our tools to make this a better community in which to live, learn and work. The spirit of Fred Rogers’ legacy of education, community and compassion lives on through our work of addressing critical needs in our region. From award- winning programming and literacy initiatives to local journalism from the Lehigh Valley for the Lehigh Valley, we are the place you can trust to learn about the amazing things in our community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead in the development of strategies for grant funding requests to foundations, government entities, corporate foundations and charitable giving programs.
- Gather information on specific programs requiring grant funding; align project elements with funder interests and grant requirements.
- Develop relationships with local and national foundations to further advance the efforts of Lehigh Valley Public Media.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines and facilitating agreement regarding content and budgets with other departments and project partners.
- Manage calendar and timely submission of grant applications, reports, contracts, and other documents.
- Maintain a system for tracking grant submissions, reporting deadlines, and renewal due dates.
- Compile, write and edit quality grant applications/proposals.
- Manage the activity of the Grants Coordinator whose responsibilities include follow-up letters, proof of performance documents, reports and related activities to meet funder requirements.
- Maintain centrally accessible records in electronic and paper files, including grant paperwork, communications, and research documents.
- Cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that supports the organization’s values and strategic plan
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Able to understand and embrace multiple initiatives and pursue funding for them
- Skilled in translating organizational efforts to prospects’ and donors’ needs.
- Able to demonstrate their ability to write successful grant proposals.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept at motivating and working with diverse constituencies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in research and grant writing.
- A strong understanding of fundraising best practices
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania and national foundations and corporations.
- Passion for public media mission; its vision, values and content.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, Business or related field, or the equivalent experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay you within a range of $64,000-$75,000+ (depending on experience) annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility.
- Provide an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, low-deductible health insurance, free telemedicine, innovative paid time off policies, disability and life insurance, and more.
- Provide you with professional growth through individual direction, training and development activities
- Invite you into a culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- Continue our commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community- the Lehigh Valley.
- Welcome you to an inclusive department that is passionate and professional.
Lehigh Valley Public Media highly encourages candidates with unique contributions to apply to our openings. Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, PA. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our studio and offices. Living in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within 45 days of hire.
Please supply a cover letter and resume.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.