Application Deadline: Saturday, Oct 01, 2022
KCUR and Classical KC are seeking an experienced administrative professional to join our growing public media organization. In this position, you will perform a variety of project-related tasks and work closely with the Director of Operations to maintain and expand the station’s services and projects. The Project Operations Coordinator will focus on supporting KCUR and Classical KC’s mission, creation and the implementation of campaigns, initiatives, awareness, audience, and values across traditional and digital platforms.
The project related work will encompass daily operational tasks such as data entry, reconciliations, preparation of reports, working with contracts including contract fulfillment and support for the underwriting operation, and work in collaboration with the university’s office of Finance and Administration. This position will also hold the responsibilities of supervising the front desk and administrative staff. The work will support both KCUR and Classical KC’s operations and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Data entry and payment processing for underwriting and other miscellaneous items.
- Generation of various internal reports e.g.) staff diversity survey, space utilization survey; sponsorship and underwriting reports.
- Generation of various external reports e.g.) Learned and Taught report for the FCC, community engagement, grant deliverables data, etc.
- Tracking trade fulfillment for the station
- Reconciling activities between different systems and processes
- Coordinate information to external vendor like Market Enginuity and Marketron.
- Supervise front desk team and future administrative support staff pool.
- General office management (work orders, supply orders, security and parking, etc.)
- Serve on internal committee in support of the diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging goals of the organization.
- Manage the onboarding process of new employees within the station with ID cards, keys, supplies, station tour, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized, open and flexible.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team oriented with desire to lead.
- Comfortable with a fast paced, changing environment.
- Life-long learner and good problem solver.
- High ethical standards.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and two years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- 3-5 years in office and administrative support.
- Experience in working in public media administration is a plus.
$19.71/hr – $25.00/hr, commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity.
How to Apply
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Please apply online at UMKC’s website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select “Staff Position,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.” Review of applications will begin immediately. This posting will remain open until filled.