Good fundraising spots make your listeners care about your message. Great fundraising spots turn them into givers.
Greater Public and the Public Radio Program Directors Association (PRPD) are teaming up to find the best fundraising spots in public radio in our inaugural fundraising spot contest. Send us an example or two of your best work. You could win one of five $200 gift cards and our grand prize winner will also receive registration to next year’s PMDMC or PRPD conference, your choice. We will share the best spots we receive with our colleagues across the country.
The deadline to submit fundraising spots closed on November 5, 2021.
The winners were announced as part of our webinar Secrets to the Best On-Air Fundraising Spots.
- Submit a maximum of 2 fundraising spots (we want your very best stuff!). No scripts, you must submit produced audio. The spot(s) can be created and produced by you or someone else at your station or on behalf of your station.
- The spots must be membership-focused appeals. These include new givers, renewals, additional gifts, sustainers and sustainer upgrades. Gift club, mid-level, major and planned giving messages can also be submitted.
- MP3 files preferred.
- One grand prize winner will receive a $200 gift card and complimentary registration to next year’s PMDMC or PRPD conference. The winner can choose either conference. Runners up will each receive a $200 gift card.
- Spots will be judged on the basis of being great radio and effective fundraising. The judges are Abby Goldstein, president of PRPD and Jay Clayton, individual giving advisor for Greater Public.
- All submissions must be received by midnight Eastern time on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Questions, contact Melanie Coulson at email@example.com