Application Deadline: Friday, Oct 11, 2024
ABOUT THE JOB
You’ll create and execute comprehensive marketing and communications plans to support the overall marketing effort of the organization and serve as the primary spokesperson and proactive community ambassador on behalf of the organization. You’ll lead the development and execution of all marketing and public relations strategies along with internal communications.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is a growing public media company and home to the recently launched LehighValleyNews.com, the area’s only nonprofit and locally operated digital news platform as well as public media television station PBS39 and NPR radio station WLVR 91.3 that offer local, national, and international programming that informs, educates, and entertains. Our education team helps thousands of students and educators at home, at school, and in the community through television programming, outreach services, and other special programs and events.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and implement a marketing communications plan that includes marketing strategy and tactics, public relations, and community relations.
- Work collaboratively with the corporate partnerships, philanthropy and membership departments to ensure they have the marketing support and deliverables needed to achieve annual goals.
- Lead all public relations efforts and serve as a primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Oversee and direct all owned, earned, and paid media execution.
- Manage staff and freelance resources in an efficient and effective manner.
- Leverage the organization’s advertising/marketing agency of record as a primary source of support.
- Write content to support strategy to be deployed primarily through owned and earned media.
- Write, coordinate, and proofread marketing communications content for various mediums
- Produce video properties/promotional materials, when needed, for digital marketing communications purposes.
- Attend and represent the organization at public events as part of an overall community engagement plan.
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy by maintaining an understanding of industry trends affecting Lehigh Valley Public Media.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer to meet the priorities of the organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English or at least 7 years of relevant work experience with progressively more responsible positions, preferably in a non-profit environment and/or agency environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work tactfully and effectively with staff, board members, donors, volunteers, and community members.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of graphics applications in Adobe Suite.
- Some level of experience in video editing software (Avid, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut) is preferred.
- Experience working with an outside agency and with freelance resources is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record as determined by a driver’s license background check.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, establish priorities, organize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Able to work outside traditional working hours and occasional weekends primarily tied to events.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay you within a range of $75,000 to $95,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility
- Provide an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, health insurance with a below-average deductible, no-cost telemedicine, innovative paid time off policies, disability and life insurances, and more.
- Provide you with professional growth through individual direction, training and development activities
- Keep you connected with our industry and your field through conferences and professional associations
- Invite you into a culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- Continue our commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community- the Lehigh Valley.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is committed to recruiting for its staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors highly capable, individuals with diverse experiences, and perspectives who can help us accomplish our various missions. Differences in race, color, age, national origin/ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, or any other distinguishing factors provide experiences, viewpoints and ideas that can strengthen and enrich our work environment. We seek to create and sustain an environment that is inclusive, respectful and equitable.
This position is in Bethlehem, PA. Living in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within 45 days of acceptance of an offer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.