Refine your search by:
Area of Responsibility for Individual Giving
Focus Areas for Individual Giving
Individual Giving Resources
Welcome to the Individual Giving library. Individual Giving refers to the many charitable gifts made possible by the general public and is by far the largest source of income from donations. Individual giving and fundraising are two sides of the same coin — most giving is a response to an 'ask'.
Key Categories for Individual Giving
- Area of Responsibility. Home in on different giving levels here: Membership, Mid-Level Giving, Major Giving, or Planned Giving. If you’re in charge of all of these, you can find resources for Integrated Strategy also.
- Focus Area. Many broad categories of Individual Giving activities and department management are covered here, making it an excellent place to begin searching for information and tools. From donor and campaign management to staff, board, and volunteer resources, and much more.
- Campaign Type. At which specific point in the giving cycle are you trying to engage donors? Before their first gift? At the point of renewal? In between annual gifts? After they’ve left you? You can also learn about efforts like Calendar Year End, Fiscal Year End, and Sustainer campaigns.
- Solicitation Method. What tactic or tool are you employing to ask for support? On-air, direct mail, telemarketing, online, and in-person are some of the tools outlined here.
- Resource Type. Browse or search for specific types of help: articles, toolkits, templates, station examples, and more.